- Tips & Techniques for Demo Plots on Fertilizer use in India
- The Power of Potash
- Using the Power of Digital Technology
- Sharing Fertilizer News & Evidence at Farmer Meetings
- Our Work in India
- Potash for Life in India at a Glance
- Potash improves crop yield, quality, plant protection and farm income
- Potash for Life – advertisement in Bengali for West Bengal
Potassium is an essential nutrient for plants, and it promotes growth and increases yields. Potash regulates plant metabolism ensuring a healthy and sturdy crop which is more resistant to stresses. Potash increases the use of other nutrients in the plant, thus increasing the efficiency of applied urea and DAP. Potash fertilization increases root growth, drought tolerance and resistance to frost. It helps plants to resist attack of pests and diseases and stalk lodging.
IPL (Indian Potash Limited) has launched a new project entitled “Potash for Life” to assist farmers in further development of profitable agriculture. The “Potash for Life” program provides farmers with science based evidence of the profitable use of potash and the benefits of balanced fertilizer application in India.